• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ecroman

Ecroman

Advanced Member

• NIMRODS Mod
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

Anyone getting this? me and cozy both got it - should be good for a bit of Co-op zombie bashing!
I am a NOT a bellend

#2 Hugh_Janus

Hugh_Janus

Advanced Member

• NIMRODS Mod
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

is it any good?

my son has been talking about this...
I'm so gay

#3 Ecroman

Ecroman

Advanced Member

• NIMRODS Mod
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

i'm a grown man supposedly, and i seem to be shitting myself on a regular basis playing this.

i got some of those 2.0 wireless headphones - i seem to jump with fright just opening a box of goodies.

it is good but i cant do scary games very well at all. i wont let my son play it - he's 11 and loves anything zombies (as do I - i even have a 'zombie response team' sticker in my car!). but think its just too intense for 11 years old. probably be alright for 14+ unless he's a proper fairy.

me and cozy have been plying it this weekend pretty good fun online together, get out in the day time and try and get missions done, then back inside before night falls. its fine running around in the day time - then boom you fall through a roof and make a load of noise - next thing you know these fast fuckers are out sprinting after you - proper shits you up. :(

night time is far worse.  :014: i try not to go out at night. :(

we picked it up for £30 off play. with a £10 code from hotukdeals.
I am a NOT a bellend

#4 Hugh_Janus

Hugh_Janus

Advanced Member

• NIMRODS Mod
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:47 AM

lol, sounds epic!!!

there is another game I've ben playing, i bought it christmas and it sat there for a bout a week..i wasn't really sure why i bought it, then decided "fuck it ill give it a go"

Alien Isolation!

played it for maybe an hour and was very "meh" about it, then all of a sudden i was completely drawn in to it, its all about timing, lots of hiding and crawling (sometimes so slowly you are barely moving) but my god it gets your heart racing, especially when you start having to hide form the alien (s) in some cases you are in a locker.....hearing noises wondering where the fuck it is...the motion tracker starts going mental before you know it you've spent 10 mins shitting yourself wether you should make a dash for it.

as for longevity: i played it for a minimum of 2hrs per day (every day) for 2 months solid..the game is massive and the graphics on the whole are the absolute bollocks
I'm so gay

#5 Ecroman

Ecroman

Advanced Member

• NIMRODS Mod
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:58 AM

i dont think i'd ever play alien isolation, i remember playing alien as a kid on the megadrive that scared the crap out of me and i had a gun on that.

not sure if I'm right but do you not have any guns or weapons on it? fooook that right off.

same with that free one we got with PS+ 'outlast' you are a journalist i think with a camera and no weapons. never even tried it and got no intention of!

this dying light is alot better with other people, alot less scary, but its really easy to get separated at night. its got a bit of free running in it too, like that harkor thing. and the more you progress the better you get at it adding it drop kicks and running up and over zombies. so you can eventually seemlessly run around through the zombies and around the city on roof tops and stuff.

before I got this i started playing Denstiny, had it since xmas and not really touched it. thats pretty decent game too. especially oniline with others.
I am a NOT a bellend

#6 Hugh_Janus

Hugh_Janus

Advanced Member

• NIMRODS Mod
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

in Alien, your first "weapon " is a crow bar kinda thing, then you pick up parts and can construct various devices, such as pipe bombs flash bangs etc..you do get hold of a flame thrower.

honestly if you can get ion to it, you'll love it and yeah it ws pretty scary at times, pretty jumpy too, its all about listening for noises and judging too.

superb game.

outlast was ok, i found it a little linear and no enough action...
I'm so gay

#7 Ecroman

Ecroman

Advanced Member

• NIMRODS Mod
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:58 PM

sounds simliar to dying light with the weapons - you get stuff like pipes, sticks, crowbars machetes etc basic weapons but loads of differnent types and then you mod them with electric wires, fire or toxic etc and add other upgrades.

its basically the same weapons system as dead island, if you ever played that on ps3.

you get guns too assualt rifles and pistols etc, but near enough useless so far cos as soon as you shoot them the fast fookers start coming so not much point - sooo far.

is it purely single player game alien? im not sure i could handle it on my own. i'd end up wasting my evening hiding in a locker for 2 hours too scared to come out.
I am a NOT a bellend

#8 Hugh_Janus

Hugh_Janus

Advanced Member

• NIMRODS Mod
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

View PostEcroman, on 04 March 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

i'd end up wasting my evening hiding in a locker for 2 hours too scared to come out.

this totally

The aliens when it uses the myriad of ventilation shafts makes a fair amount of noise as it moves around (so you get an idea some quieter noises its further away but it does move very quickly) coupled with the motion tracker it can make some very very tense moments, because just when you think its safe to come out, you hear a noise again..or an android walking pastor another survivor blips up on the radar...and yes at one stage i was in a locker for about 20 odd minutes...however you also have to be careful if the Alien or android walks past the locker and you are too close to the vent (where you can look through) the Alien or android senses something is there, so you have to lean back and hold your breath if needed.

give it a try mate yes it will make you jump, and in some instances frighten you, the graphics...Very original Alien-esque surroundings make it well worth it plus the game is fucking huge
I'm so gay

#9 Beerhunter

Beerhunter

Advanced Member

• NIMRODS Mod
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:56 PM

Not played it for a couple of months. I was getting properly into it, but then had a section crawling into a shaft, up ladders, dropping into a room, hiding in a locker for fuck knows how long, then moving slowly etc, but couldn't get to a save point before dying. Got pissed off with it after numerous attempts. It is a cracking game though.
Fear the beer!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users